Mr. & Mrs. A.T. Watson offered to sell to the association a track of land adjoining their home on Hillsboro Street. Various churches in the association contributed and the property was purchased before October 1942 for the sum of $1,500.00. Thus, Trinity started as a mission of the New South River Baptist Association in 1942.
In January 1944, the First Baptist Church offered to the group the use of its sanctuary on Sunday afternoons. The first organized meeting for worship and the making of plans to organized was held in the afternoon on January 16, 1944 at the First Baptist Church.
The actual organization of the church was on March 12, 1944 at the First Baptist Church with the deacons of First Baptist Church forming the organizational body recommending that such church be established.
The Reverend Marvin Chapman was called as the pastor of the new church and he accepted the call and he served until 1948.
Even though the sanctuary was not completed, the first service was held in the assembly room back of the baptistry on December 24, 1944 at 7:30 P. M.
The first Sunday School and morning worship was held on December 31, 1944.
Pastor Tom Fulk became pastor April 1, 1949. The growth of the Sunday School and the congregation necessitated some form of expansion. In October 1949, the church was able to purchase a house and large lot adjoining the church property. This house was used as the parsonage.
Still more space was needed so on November 4, 1951, the church negotiated a loan to build an educational addition and increase the length of the sanctuary 30 feet. The house in front was torn down and an educational building was built on that site from 1966-1967.
Other pastors of Trinity between the years of 1950’s and through early 1980’s in chronological order are: Reverend W.T. Smith, Reverend Roy Walker, Reverend Alan Griffin, and Reverend Fred Black. Then on September 24, 1984, Randy White was called as pastor of Trinity. Through his leadership, the plans for the new building and location came into being.
After much prayer and time and under the divine guidance of God, the land that had not been previously available at 433 Southland Drive was now available and the church on Hillsboro Street that would not sell, now sold.
On May 5, 1990, Trinity Baptists Church broke ground here at 433 Southland Drive. The first service was held at this new site April 1992 on Easter at sunrise in an open-air church. Trinity Baptist Church’s dedication and first official service that included Sunday School and Worship Service in the completed building at this new site was on November 1, 1992.
The new facility included this sanctuary with a seating capacity of 270. The Sunday School Annex Building (building out back) was built in 2 phases –
1st phase completed in 1995 allowing 13 rooms (10 classrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a storage room). 2nd phase completed in 1998 converted a large storage room used by the youth Dr. Randy White served as a pastor of Trinity Baptists Church for 18 years. He resigned as pastor of Trinity in 2002 to become the Director of Mission of the New South River Baptist Association.
Reverend David Crumpler pastored Trinity Baptist Church from 2003 to 2005.
Trinity Baptist Church was incorporated in 2005.
On the 20th day of August 2006, Trinity Baptist Church, Inc. had the Installation Service for Joshua Owen called to be the ninth pastor. Dr. Joshua Owen resigned as pastor effective on November 30, 2011.
Trinity Baptist Church voted to call John Pabon as pastor of Trinity Baptist Church and held his Installation Service on August 12, 2012. This will make Reverend John Pabon the tenth pastor of Trinity Baptist Church.